- REV., WILLIAM JOHNSTON.
- NANCY "ANNA" JOHNSTON, b. Windham, Rockingham County, New Hampshire; m. PETER SLITER.
Notes for PETER SLITER:
FRANCES JOHNSTON, b. Windham, Rockingham County, New Hampshire; m. STEPHEN STOYELL 1787, son of Stephen Stoyell and Mary Cole; b. January 12, 1759 Voluntown (Sterling), New London County, Connecticut; d. Unadilla, Otsego County, New York.
- Alternate surnames variations: Slouter, Sloughter, and Sluyter.
Notes for FRANCES JOHNSTON:
- ~1800 U.S. Census - Jericho, Chenango Co., NY gives Frances Stiles as head of household.
Notes for STEPHEN STOYELL:
COL., WITTER "DOMINIE" JOHNSTON, b. September 30, 1753, Schenectady, Schenectady County, New York; d. October 4, 1839, Sidney, Delaware County, New York; m. (1) LOIS GUTHRIE; daughter of William Guthrie, Sr. and ?; b. August 6, 1765, Kent, Litchfield County, Connecticut; d. July 27, 1787, Sidney, Delaware County, New York; (2) JANE CAMPBELL February 24, 1791, Cherry Valley, Otsego County, New York; daughter of Hugh Argyl Campbell, Sr. and Mary S. Smith; b. January 5, 1771, Bedford, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire; d. Septembr 26, 1817, Sidney, Delaware County, New York.
- Baptism: 1759, Congregational Church, Voluntown (Sterling), New London Co., CT.
- Military Service: Revolutionary War.
- m. (2) Sarah Williams February 4, 1790, Voluntown, New London County, Connecticut; (3) Lucy Avery April 19, 1792, Voluntown, New London County, Connecticut.
- Some claim this person as Stephen Stiles, possibly caused by The First Baptist Church of Deposit, Delaware Co., NY reporting his surname as Stiles.
Notes for COL., WITTER "DOMINIE" JOHNSTON:
Note of Interest for COL., WITTER "DOMINIE" JOHNSTON and JANE CAMPBELL:
ELIZABETH JOHNSTON, m. MATTHEW NEELEY.
CAPT., HUGH C."HUGHEY" JOHNSTON, b. April 10, 1763, Duanesburg, Schenectady County, New York; d. October 23, 1833, Sidney Plains, Delaware County, New York; m. LYDIA STRONG, daughter of Jabez Strong and Sarah "Betsey" Curtis; b. December 4, 1772; d. October 7, 1850, Sidney, Delaware County, New York.
Notes for CAPT., HUGH C. "HUGHEY" JOHNSTON:
Notes for LYDIA STRONG:
CATHERINE LOIS JOHNSTON, b. 1766, Albany County, New York; d. November 1, 1851, Eaton, Madison County, New York; m. REV., EBENEZER BOWEN UPHAM, son of Ebenezer Upham and Lois Waite; b. May 5, 1759, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts; d. June 29, 1799, Oxford, Chenango County, New York.
- Burial: Pioneer (Congregational Church) Cemetery, Sidney, Delaware Co., NY.
Notes for CATHERINE LOIS JOHNSTON:
- 1850 census: Eaton, Madison Co., NY, living with Samuel R. and Nancy Sherrill.